King Island Local Services
King Island ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the King Island site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
King Island Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in King Island When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
King Island Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for King Island Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
King Island ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for King Island and a Place to Meet
The kingisland.info Odd Spot
Interesting facts about King Island
Interesting Facts about King Island, Tasmania, Australia
- King Island is located in the Bass Strait, between Tasmania and mainland Australia.
- The island covers an area of 1,091 square kilometers and has a population of around 1,600 people.
- King Island is known for its rich history of shipwrecks, with more than 60 vessels lost in its waters.
- The island's climate is mild and humid, with an average temperature range of 10-19 degrees Celsius.
- King Island is famous for its world-renowned produce, including cheese (King Island Dairy), beef (King Island Beef), and seafood (such as crayfish and abalone).
- The island is home to many species of birds, including the endangered orange-bellied parrot, as well as seals and penguins.
- King Island has a number of pristine beaches, including the popular Naracoopa Beach and the secluded Porky Beach.
- The island has a rich cultural heritage, with a significant history of Indigenous occupation and European settlement.
- King Island has a unique dialect, known as "Kingish," which is a blend of English, Scottish, and Irish accents.
- The island is a popular destination for tourists, who come to enjoy the natural beauty and unique offerings of this Tasmanian gem.